Welcome to the Lovettsville Co-op
The Lovettsville co-op will be a full-service grocery store. The co-op is community owned, so profits go back into our community and members have a voice in co-op decisions.
The store will be a place where anyone can shop for healthy food. Plans include a deli and grab-and-go meals.
When you shop at the co-op you will know where your food comes from. We are already working with local farmers and producers.
The co-op will also serve as a community hub, sponsoring programs and events focused on local needs and interests.
Please take a few minutes to listen to why our Co-op is the only grocery solution for rural Loudoun, an innovative community-owned approach that provides economic benefits, supports our local producers and keeps its focus on our local community.
Lovettsville Cooperative Market will offer healthy products in a member-owned grocery store to members and non-members alike. We are committed to policies, practices, and values that support a vibrant community and a strong local economy.
We promote our mission through:
1. Bringing high quality foods to our customer base without sacrificing a wide range of products that are accessible and affordable.
2. Sourcing products from local and regional farmers and producers when possible.
3. Serving as a hub for exchange beyond commercial transaction, including community building, gathering, and learning.
4. Operating under a business model that fosters economic, social, and environmental justice.
5. Operating under a cooperative model that honors the role of the member-owner as an active participant in co-op success, whether through voting, economic inputs, volunteer efforts, or leadership.