Benefits of Membership
How does member-ownership benefit you?
- Your member-ownership will make the store possible! Support a locally owned business in which you will have a voice and know your food sources
- Receive special discounts from participating local businesses through our Benefits of Membership (BOM) program
- Receive discounts on workshops and select special events
- Vote for your Board of Directors each year
- Opportunity to serve on the Board of Directors
- Opportunities to attend Board of Director meetings to stay informed and provide input
- Share in the profits of the store. Once the store is open, patronage rebates will be issued in years the co-op is profitable, based on how much you shop at the co-op.
- Once the store is open, there will be select discounts and programs for member-owners as determined by the store manager.
- Helps keep farms in our community. The co-op will source products from local growers and producers, whenever possible.
- Helps keep profits in our community. Studies show an estimated annual return of $1,000,000 to our community-yes, that’s one million dollars!
- Supports a locally owned business that is vested and invested in our community.
- A co-op is more than just a grocery store. It is a hub for programs and activities targeted to the needs and interests of the local community.
With our Benefits of Membership Program, your membership cost pays for itself!
Beans in the Belfry,$2 off per bag of coffee
Dinner Belles Kitchen & Cupboard, $10 off first meal purchased, plus additional discounts in retail store
Jacqueline Designs, $100 VISA Gift Card, 1-time offer on $1,000 or more window treatments
King’s Pizza, 10% off $20 or more purchase
Blue Ridge Tree & Berry Farm, $5 off ‘cut & carry’ Christmas trees
Palmercare Chiropractic,$35 first visit & evaluation
Walsh Family Wine, 50% off 2 or more tastings